Thursday, April 26, 2007

he's here!


Kim and Crit on Ruby's Blessing Day (August 2006)

It's about 9:30 AM. My cell phone rings. Who could it be? My phone's in the bedroom. Should I just let it go to voicemail? My curiosity gets the best of me. I wander to the room. Look at the caller ID. Oh, it's Kim! Did she have a doctor's appointment today? Last week she was dilated to a 3, but she's not due until May 13th. I answer "hello"... and then, to my utter astonishment, Kim informs me that I have a new nephew!

Lincoln Christian Barney was born today, April 26th, at somewhere around 8:00 AM. He weighs 6 lbs 5 oz and is 18 (or 18 1/2?) inches long ..(such a tiny little guy)! Kim says he's just beautiful, and flawless, and has black curly hair all over his head...and a perfect little nose, and huge feet (it must run in the family)...oh, and she said that he's got his cousin Isaac's hands (super long, thin fingers)!

I want Kim to know that I'm so proud of her...you did it Kim! She's been so nervous the past couple of weeks, just feeling inadequate and inexperienced. (Don't we all feel that way at times?) But I know that she'll be a wonderful little mother. Wow! I'm an aunt! I'm an aunt?
I haven't left cloud nine since I heard the news, in fact I have done pretty much, well, nothing, since I got off the phone...like 4 hours ago! (I'm just too dang giddy!) I'm an aunt!

Kim and Christian, I want you to know that I am ecstatic for you both, and for your new little addition. You're a real family now...(not that you weren't before, but you know what I mean)! I love you guys. I'm proud of you both. I'm so happy that you got to witness the miracle of birth and of new life! There's really nothing quite like it! Congratulations!


Kim holding Ruby ( In the photo, Ruby is actually wearing Kim's blessing dress that our mom made for her when she was a baby.)


Kim and Christian promised to email pictures, so, as soon as they do, you know what I'll be posting!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Nick, I can't wait for you to come and see him! He is just amazing! I could not even believe how cute he is! He is way hairy! He has dark hair all over his back and shoulders and it is too cute! And he always sucks on his bottom lip. It's just darling! When will you guys come and see him?

Brooke said...

Congratulations Auntie! I am sad you will be leaving AZ but glad you will soon return!