Tuesday, April 24, 2007

"president eagleston"

...has a nice ring to it, don't you think?


John as a Missionary, in front of the beautiful Oakland Temple


John has just been called as the Elder's Quorum President of our ward...which, by the way, does not surprise me in the least. Ever since the day I met John, I've known that there was something special about him. And then, as we started courting, and I became even closer acquainted with him, those initial feelings were reiterated...again and again. Now, we're married, and I thank Heavenly Father every day for allowing our paths to cross (over 5 years ago), and for blessing me with such an amazing companion. Have you ever met an individual who almost seems too perfect for this mortal existence? An Angel on Earth? Well, to me, that's my John. He is the essence of love and the epitome of goodness. He can light up an entire room with his smile. He has a special gift of helping people see and recognize their self worth. He puts people at ease. He has a happy disposition. He has a testimony of the Gospel, and a love for the Savior. He loves his family.
If I am ever in doubt about how to react or respond in questionable situations or circumstances, I simply look to him; or when not in his presence, I think, what would John do? He is a true Christian, in word and in deed. He is my exemplar, my friend, my eternal companion. I promise to sustain him, and to fully support him in this most important call, and in all others...(as I know he will serve in many many capacities). I know the Lord trusts him, and needs him at this time as an instrument, in doing much good. In building the Kingdom.
I love you John...and, couldn't be more proud.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a tribute! The way you feel about me can be magnified by ten to convey how I feel about you! I am so grateful you’re my eternal companion. You constantly teach me life's greatest lessons and have helped me to be strong in some of life's most difficult circumstances. You are my life. I love you more than words can tell!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations John! (Is that appropriate for a church calling??) I think you'll make an excellent president.

Anonymous said...

As I've said before, Lynell and I call him "St. John The Divine" (not to take away from the Apostle John, to whom the title actually belongs). And we mean it, too! John is a JOY to know in every sense of the word, and I love him as a son. (You're no slouch either, Sweetheart! You make a fabulous pair.) Congratulations to you both.

Anonymous said...

This is a beautiful tribute to both of you! The first time I got to hold John after he was born, we both studied each others face, and I felt in my heart that this cute little dark eyed boy was a very special spirit from Heavenly Father. Can you imagine how lucky I was to be chosen to be his mother! John has taught me so many important lessons in my life. His smile just brightens up the room, and he has brought me so much happiness. I thank Heavenly Father every day for all that he has given to me and our family. I am thankful that John and Nicole chose each other to spend eternity together. I love the mission picture in front of the temple. I am proud of both of you. John and Nicole, I will love you forever, Mom

Brooke said...

Congrats Johnny!