Some of our favorite things were:
- Chanting "Big Surf, Big Surf, Big Surf!" every time we pulled into the parking lot
- Our orange wristbands (That was asher's favorite thing. He would proudly hold up his left hand while they secured the band on his wrist, and then he would admire it for several minutes.)
- Racing everybody to get a shaded tikki hut
- Friday night...staying up past bed time, swimming in the dark, and dancing to the loud music
- Hours in the wave pool
- Catching a wave and riding it all the way in
- Double tube slides
- Naps in the shade
- Labor day with the Costello's
- Staying from open to close
- Mcdonald's ice cream on the way home
- Asher's blowouts
- Asher's temper tantrums
- Asher getting stung by a bee
Other than that, it was a pretty fun and unforgettable summer for all of us.
I made the mistake of letting Asher take a few pictures all by himself (see below). He did an ok job on the first one. And the others?...Well, maybe he was going for more of an artsy look.
It ended up being a mistake because of what how he reacted when I took the camera away from him...
He looks about how I feel, seeing it all come to an end.
Farewell Big Surf.
...until next year.