Friday, June 15, 2007

@#$%!!!! ...parts 2 & 3



So no, they weren't crawling all over my face, but they were crawling in my house. That's right, John found two more scorpions within the past couple of weeks. I thought it was pretty funny how he told me about them. The first one he found about three weeks ago, in our laundry room. Luckily, dead. (Due to the spray that our exterminator used on the inside of our house.) But anyway John said "um, I don't want to freak you out..." okay, is it just me, or when someone starts off by saying "I don't want to freak you out, but..." doesn't that alone just freak you out? He then preceded to tell me about his finding. So, I guess that wasn't too funny, but I find the next way quite comical. It was last Saturday. I was sitting on the couch, John was in the kitchen. Suddenly, and very out of the blue, he nonchalantly says, "hey babe, with all that construction going on across the street, just make sure you really keep an eye out for scorpions in the house." Now I know that he didn't want to scare me, and was simply trying to protect me, but why in the world would he bring it up, out of the blue...unless, he had spotted another one! Sure enough, he had killed one that was crawling around in our kitchen sink. Man, I'm telling you, those things scare me so bad...and especially now that I have a little one. (Everything changes when kids enter the picture. Don't you think?) Well, needless to say, I'm just glad that I didn't see them, or I think we'd be moving back to Utah...(Because mice and rats are so much better...hahaha.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog has gone from the beauties,(you and Ruby) to the beast, (that crazy lady covered with scorpins.) Now I feel creeped out to walk around my house!!

diana said...

i hate it when bryce prefaces any bad news. if it's a bug he usually says very calmly... "babe, don't move." which is then followed by me jumping immediately on to the nearest highest object.