Wednesday, May 2, 2007

movie heaven...

I had the funnest time with my sister today. Lincoln (because of his jaundice), has been required to stay under the lights, which has confined Kim to the house for the last couple of days. She's been feeling great (physically), and has a ton of energy, and just wanted to "get out" for a little bit. Her sweet mother-in-law, offered to come over and sit with the babe so that we could spend some time (on the town) together. We took a little trip to Provo and ended up with some juicy finds...edited movies! If there's one thing that we (The Pitts') all have in common, it's our love for movies. However, if there's one thing we almost never agree upon, it's deciding which movie to watch! One particular movie night jumps out at me as being pretty comical. After what seemed an eternity of going back and forth between movie titles and drawing numbers, and arguing, and battling it out...we finally agreed on a movie (not everyone was thrilled, however, about the selection, but for the sake of time, we just had to get going). We popped it in, and before the actual film even began, we saw a preview for another movie, I think it was Beverly Hills Ninja, and everyone (in unison) said "Hey, let's watch that one instead!" It was hilarious!
We also love going to movies in the theater (but, really, I don't know many people who don't enjoy that). To me, there's almost nothing more exciting than going to a movie, and getting a large coke to sip throughout the showing. In fact, does anyone remember the Coca-Cola C2 commercial from a couple of years ago?...(it's the one to Queen's I've got to break free, where all the people are going crazy and dancing all over the place.) Well, anyway, one time I was at the movies, and that coke ad came on, and I really don't know what caused this, but I started to cry. It was one of those great, happy, feel good, motivational kind of cries, where you feel like you need to rise from your seat, and run, and jump, and dance, and scream, and laugh. I think I was just happy about my circumstances, and surroundings. There I was, on a date with John, at the movies...soda in hand. Seriously, is there anything more fun than that?

Here's a sneek peek of the commercial, (in case you have no idea what I'm taking about)...




and, here are my treasures from today...





Kim, today was the best...love you!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Wow, we may have to borrow some of those! Kim is brave leaving her little one. I was always too scared to leave them with anyone! Glad you are having fun!