Wednesday, March 7, 2007

what would you do...for a piece of chocolate?

I've been expecting Ruby to take off crawling for weeks now. She can do it going backwards, and she can usually get where she wants by scooting on her stomach, but just hasn't been able to figure out the science of crawling forward...until today. I was sitting on the floor (about 5 feet away from her), eating a piece of chocolate. Ruby was directly across from me, in a sitting position; and, when she eyed the chocolate, she immediately lunged forward, got on all fours, and took off in my direction. Her mouth was literally drooling as she eyed her target. I was bursting with pride, and couldn't help but laugh out loud! I discovered today that my girl knows a good thing when she sees it, (and just like many of us), will stop at nothing to get it!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was the cutest video! Let her chow on as much chocolate as she wants. I don't want those baby chub roles to go anywhere!

Brooke said...

How cute, CONGRATS Roobs!!!!!!!! We're so proud of you.

Anonymous said...

Yeaaaaaa Ruby! Grandpa's so proud!

Amy Eagleston said...

Ruby is a girl after my own heart. Today I ate a whole box of girl scout cookies by myself (I actually made myself sick). I love her long reach for the chocolate as soon as she gets close. She is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

You go girl! You have a sweet tooth just like your grandma Judy. I love you!