Thursday, March 22, 2007

cords n' things...

Why is it that babies are always interested in everything but their toys? Cell phones. Remotes. Cameras. Computers. Whatever...as long as it's something they shouldn't be playing with. If you're not careful, they may shred the pages of your favorite book, or seize all the "breakable" household items. It's just weird.
A few weeks ago, I gave Ruby a couple toys, in hopes of keeping her busy and entertained, while I got ready for the day. After a few minutes, I could tell that she was bored, as she veered away from the toys, toward my purse that had been lying on the floor. I watched as she reached inside and grabbed, of all things, a bottle of pills! It served as a perfect rattle, which kept her entertained (under my supervision), for a good 45 minutes!
Yesterday, she started to get fussy while we were over at the church setting up for New Beginnings. I gave her a role of tape. She hated it. I gave her my necklace. No thanks. My keys. Old news mom. She wasn't happy until she had figured a way to pull herself up and nab the scissors that were sitting on a chair!

I swear, if I don't scrutinize her every single move, she wont live to see her 1st birthday...



Ruby is so infatuated with cords...




...and here she is eating a cardboard tag...

3 comments:

Brooke said...

What a sweetie! Is that a tag from her new loot? What did John say/think. Of course he couldn't argue with his sweetie! She has such a mischevious personality coming through........sooo cute!

Anonymous said...

This is the first time that I have seen Ruby with so much hair. It is so cute. I want to give her a hug!!

Amy Eagleston said...

Sounds like it is time to baby proof your house. Fun times are ahead :)