Tuesday, February 20, 2007

we still don't know much...

After a morning filled with much anxiety and anticipation, we finally received a call from the doctor's office. The results from the "quant" test came back from the lab, and they're just slightly lower than those taken on Saturday at the hospital. They didn't have any explanation for us, they just want us to come back for the same test tomorrow. They said that because the two tests were taken and processed in different labs, the results may be off. They want to do one more in their own lab so that they can make an accurate assessment. Because the levels haven't doubled, I'm losing hope of the chance that this pregnancy is normal. I think that I must've already miscarried...
I'm glad that the doctor is being ultra conservative, but this has just been so long and drawn out. I just want to know exactly what is going on, and have some closure...so I can move on with my life.

No comments: