Monday, February 19, 2007

24 hours later...

I had my appointment today with DR. Semrad. Unfortunately, we didn't get much closer to finding anything out. They drew some blood to take an HCG test, but won't have any of the results for us until tomorrow morning. The doctor examined me and put pressure on my abdomen (which by the way, has not been at all painful, or even tender today). He told me that if the pregnancy was in fact tubal, I would be experiencing intense, localized pain...especially from the added pressure. His guess is that I have probably already miscarried, and that the growth found in my ovary, is a cyst...which would eventually go away on it's own. Of course, we won't really know until tomorrow. The doctor explained that if the HCG level has doubled from Saturday, we will have reason to suppose that the pregnancy is in the uterus and that everything is normal. If the count is higher, but hasn't doubled, it could mean an ectopic. And, if the count is the same or lower, I've probably already had a miscarriage. (It takes some time for the hormone levels to diminish after a pregnancy is terminated.)
So here we are, 24 hours since the last post, without any new developments. We so badly want this baby, but will continue to put our trust in the Lord, as we know he will not fail us. Whatever happens, we know, is meant to be...

No comments: