Wednesday, January 24, 2007

two rubies


I was at the store today with Ruby, waiting in line (behind an elderly woman) to make copies of some pictures. The woman turned around and was admiring Ruby with comments like “oh she’s just beautiful” and “such a good natured baby”. Then she asked me what her name was. When I replied “Ruby”, the woman beamed, “why that’s my name too”! She was tickled that she had met a “little” Ruby, and proceeded to tell me that she had never heard that name among this generation of children. It was so cute to watch her lean over and say “well hello, Ruby…I’m Ruby”. She then asked me if I happened to be making copies of any pictures of Ruby, and if so, if I could make an extra for her that she would pay me for. She reached in her purse and pulled out some change. I tried to refuse her money, but couldn’t resist when she said “put it in Ruby’s savings account”. How cute is that? I only wish that I would have had my camera with me to snap of shot of the two most darling "Rubies"!

No comments: