Friday, January 12, 2007

my high!


I went to the gym today around 11:00 and I’ve been on a high ever since. I really hate working out (always have) but I’m really really tired of feeling the way I do about my body…plus I’m worried about my overall health. Anyway, today I borrowed John’s ipod while I ran on the treadmill; and I’ve gotta tell you, it made a world of difference! I just put it on shuffle and went to town.
My sisters decided that they wanted to run a half marathon in April, so when we were in town over Christmas, they asked me and John if we’d like to do it with them. I thought it sounded like a pretty good idea…John didn’t. Needless to say he has agreed to train with me (as we’d both like to improve our health and get in better shape). When we got back in town, we went straight to the gym and got memberships! We’ve been faithfully attending (6 days a week) for almost 2 weeks now! Yeah!
To motivate me even more, I dug through some old pics of me in my bathing suit…when I was in my prime (condition wise). I made a little collage and hung it up in my bathroom. Next to each picture, I stuck a post-it with something written on it that I liked about my body (flat stomach, no cellulite, defined shoulders, nice legs, toned arms…well, you get the picture). I was thinking of having John take a picture of me in a bathing suit now (yikes), and posting it up next to the others. If that doesn’t motivate me to lose a few, I don’t what will!
Wish me luck!

No comments: