Thursday, May 22, 2008

for amber...



My sweet friend, Amber, came over yesterday to give me a birthday gift. Just to give you an idea of how sweet she truly is...she brought Ruby a gift, too, so that she would have something to open while I opened mine. Seriously, that Amber is one in a million. Who thinks of things like that? I just love that girl. Unfortunately, Ruby was asleep when she brought the gifts by, so I had her open hers as soon as she woke up from her nap. Amber had long since gone at that point, so I took a few pictures so that she could see how excited Ruby was to have her very own gift to open.

Amber, thank you! Ruby was beyond ecstatic about her new dress, and looked absolutely darling in it today. These are for you...


It had been some time since Ruby had opened a gift. She wasn't quite sure what to do with it in the beginning.


After several minutes of staring with awe and excitement at the untouched gift bag, I told her to pull out the tissue paper. She did, and then blew her nose into it. Well, isn't that what tissue is for, mom?


She was so happy to get a new dress. She kept saying "pitty dwess mommy...put on."

Amber, thank you again for making her day...and mine!

12 comments:

Melanie said...

What a sweet friend. Happy Birthday!

diana said...

this post just made me feel like a terrible friend... not only did i not get you (or ruby) a gift, but i didn't even call you on your birthday! i'm so, so sorry! i'm taking you out to lunch next week if baby hasn't come yet!

at least amber will always come through, right?

Danielle said...

How thoughtful! I just love people like that - people who consider the feelings of EVERYONE around them.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you (yesterday) and John (today)! What a special week/weekend for you both. Then, Ruby will have a birthday on June 4th. What a fun, exciting time for the cute Eagleston familia!

Ruby is growing up so fast. It just blows my mind. I'm grateful that I can watch her grow up through your blog, since y'all are so far away now. She's just a doll!

Love you guys! Feliz cumpleaƱos!

Sarah said...

So cute! Happy Birthday! How fun to be so close to David Archuletta (or how ever it is spelled). Too bad he didn't win, but second place isn't bad. I just love his voice!

Celeste said...

Amber truly is such a sweet and thoughtful person. I completely agree with you Nicole! How wonderful it is to have such thoughtul friend. Happy early birthday Nicole. I'm excited for next week!

Maryann said...

Happy birthday Nicole!!!!

Kelly said...

oh how cute!! I loved seeing you tonight... we love you SOO much!! and I love you SOOOOOO much!!

Bowdens said...

I have to agree with you! Amber is so truly thoughtful! I love her!! She had my birthday gift on my door the second I got back in town. She is so sweet!
I'm so sad that David Archuleta didn't win. Although I think that the other David was a little more musically talented(with his guitar and changing some of the songs), David Archuleta had a way better voice! I have no doubt he will go far with his music career! I loved his song with One Republic. It doesn't matter what he sings, it sounds amazing!

Bowdens said...

Oh and by the way, Happy Birthday!!

Julia Kelly said...

oh, i'm glad you're back blogging Nicole, i missed your posts.

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

The Heaps said...

Happy Birthday! I am so sorry I missed it. We were gone most of the weekend! I hope you had a great day!

Elizabeth said...

I cannot believe how grown up she is getting! She just gets prettier and prettier!