Monday, November 12, 2007

day four...

Monday.
I'm not quite sure what happened. I must have been totally worn out from taking so many pictures on Sunday, that I didn't take any on Monday! We had a really fun day though, which is definitely worth documenting. In the morning I went running with Angie. It is notable that the weather was beautiful the entire time we were there. We lucked out because just the week before, it had snowed! Seriously though, it was beautiful, and I was super excited because there were gorgeous fall leaves and colors everywhere we went. I enjoyed the crisp morning air while we ran, and the sound of the leaves crunching under my feet, was like music to my ears.

Later, we met up with Matt and Jaime for our usual - lunch at Hire's (love it), followed by a really cute movie: Dan in real life. The dad, played by Steve Carell, had lost his wife and is left to take care of his three daughters alone. There was a particular scene (he is making sandwiches for the girls) that really touched me, as it reminded my of my own dad and everything he did (and still does) for us after our mom passed away.

Then it was over to Paul and Amy's house for family home evening with the kids. Amy had prepared a really cute lesson on Daniel in the lion's den, that she shared with George and Ruby.

After that, I went to a haunted house with my family while John stayed home with Ruby.

This is what I came home to...

Both of then asleep on the couch...looking about how I felt - spent!

1 comment:

diana said...

ava would never fall asleep like that unless she was sick. she just loves her crib and her own space. she's too independent for me.