Friday, October 5, 2007

my husband, my best friend, my soul mate...



I've been tagged! Hope you enjoy getting to know a little bit more about me, my husband, and our relationship...

What is his name? John Michael
How long have you been together? 5 1/2 years...been married 3 1/2
How long did you date? 2 years
How old is he?
28...I've always had a thing for younger men :) In fact, we're pretty much exactly 2 years apart. His birthday's the 23rd of May, and mine's the 25th.
Who eats more? Usually he does, but it totally depends on what we're eating. I've out eaten him on many occasions.
Who said I love you first? He did. I had been wanting to for months, but was afraid he would respond with something like "wow, thank you", or "oh that's nice". So I held back until I knew he felt the same way.
Who is taller? John. I'm 5' 4 1/2", he's 6'
Who sings better? We could both probably use some lessons :)
Who is smarter? It depends on the subject.
Whose temper is worse? Since John doesn't have a temper, I guess mine is worse.
Who does the laundry? Mostly I do, but John helps out a lot. And when I worked retail on Saturdays, John did everything around the house...including laundering, folding, ironing, and putting away - every last item of clothing.
Who does the dishes? Mostly John does.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? John
Who pays the bills? I'm in charge of the car loan, the cable and internet, the utilities and power, and the medical bills. John also does some of the medical bills (if they're mailed to his office), the insurance (car and life), gym memberships, cell phones, as well as the mortages. Did I miss anything?
Who mows the lawn? John takes care of the yard and cars on Saturdays, while I focus on deep cleaning the inside of the house. Then we usually go grocery shopping together.
Who cooks dinner? Cafe Rio. Seriously, we go there a lot. Ruby gets a free kid's quesadilla, and we share a pork salad. But when we do eat at home, it's pretty half and half as far as who does the cooking.
Who drives when you are together? John always does. Especially for the first year 1/2 of marriage, during which time my liscence was in possesion of the state of Utah.
Who is more stubborn? I guess I am. But there have been times that John would not even budge.
Who is the first to admit when they're wrong? Me. Simply because I usually am the one who's wrong.
Whose parents do you see the most? We live 5 minutes from his dad. His mom, and my dad, live in Utah. So his.
Who kissed who first? I kissed John. He was totally dumbstruck! I wouldn't have done it though, if he hadn't have been flirting with me the entire night.
Who asked who out? He asked me to go to the lake with him and some friends. I said yes, but then bailed at the last minute.
Who proposed? John
Who is more sensitive? Both of us are very sensitive.
Who has more friends? I think John probably does. I'm not very good at keeping in touch with my friends.
Who has more siblings? Him -- he has 7, I have 6
Who wears the pants in the family? We both wear pants :) (Nice save, whoever I stole that from!)

12 comments:

Melanie said...

Love it! I wish we had a Cafe Rio to cook us dinner! Mexican food is hard to come by out here. And my interest is totally piqued about why your license was in possession of the state of Utah!!! Do tell.

Laurel said...

I totally forgot when you had no license! Hilarious! I always love reading friends' answers to these. Thanks for doing yours! Thanks, also, for the reminder about Cafe Rio... I never seem to get enough.

Amber and Dallas said...

Haha! That was fun to read about the two of you! I just received the same thing from Daniell on email. I will send it to you!

Kat and Steve said...

That is THE cutest picture of you guys! Thanks for sharing, that was fun.

Blackner Family said...

We are big Cafe Rio fans too!! I'm pretty convinced that there is an addictive drug in the salad because I can never get enough!

Jill Hunt said...

Hi Nicole, this is Jill Hunt. I found your blog through Sonja Ames and I wanted to say 'hi'. You look so beautiful in that picture of you and John and your little girl is so very cute. We truly miss you guys and feel free to comment on my blog anytime.

diana said...

what a beautiful picture! i loved learning more about you two... so cute!

Danielle said...

Just when I get to thinking that guys are jerks and pigs and become totally fed-up with the whole dating and marriage thing, I read about you and John and realize....

There are a few nice guys around (very few, but John is a keeper)

And some people do get married for the right reasons and are truly happy.


You two really are an inspiration to me in so many ways. Seriously.

I've pretty much given up, but I'm so glad that it works out for some of my friends (especially two people who are such good, strong, faithful, and valiant).

Best to you both.

Lacking Productivity said...

Sorry...I missed the post where you told the story about your license in possession...or is that one coming?

Mary-Sunshine said...

I want to hear about the no license thing! I bet that is funny! I love Cafe Rio too! Anytime you want to go...I am soooo there!

Rania said...

I am so grateful that you and John are perfect for each other. I knew it the second you started talking about him! I hope I have the same insticts when it comes to myself!

Anonymous said...

This is such a beautiful tribute to both you and John. Thank you for sharing.