Tuesday, July 3, 2007

sunday, july 1st...

My sweet little nephew, Simon Matthew Pitts was blessed today by his father -my brother, Matt. The part of the blessing that stood out the most to me was when his dad told him that his name was very carefully chosen. Just as Simon the apostle and Simon of Cyrene (who carried the cross of Jesus), were true followers of Christ, so shall little Simon Pitts follow the Savior throughout his life, and help others come unto Christ. I have no doubt that if little Simon follows the example of his parents, he will live up to his name, and be a true disciple of Christ. It was a beautiful blessing, and I felt so much love for my perfect little nephew...


Matt, Jaime, and little Simon...


A close up of Simon in his adorable blessing outfit...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey thanks for the sweet tribute to little Simon. We were so glad that you all were able to be there for the blessing.