Sunday, June 10, 2007

birthday bliss...

a few pictures from the big day...


Here's my little angel in her birthday dress that her daddy and I picked out for her before she was even born...


Our ruby girl...


Here we are splashin' in grandpa jerry's pool...


Lovin' the cake...i mean, seriously- lovin' it!


Because I was at girl's camp over Ruby's actual birthday (June 4th), we decided to pretend that it was on the 9th this year. (That's the beauty of having a one year old, who's too young to know better.) So anyway, we got her out of bed in the morning, and her daddy made her favorite breakfast dish...pancakes mmmmm (it's funny because every time we give her something that tastes really yummy, she goes mmmmm). After breakfast, I took her out on a bike ride. It was great because, not only was I able to get my workout in, and Ruby able to enjoy the beauties of the outdoors...but, we were both able to spend some good "mommy/daughter" time together, too! Later in the afternoon, we had a really fun pool party and BBQ at grandpa Jerry's house. My favorite part was watching Ruby attack her cake. It was so funny...she didn't have an ounce of reservation like a lot of one year olds do...nope, she just went in for the kill! In fact, after about 5 minutes, we finally had to take it away from her because 1) she was starting to choke/gag on it and 2) if not, she would have eaten the entire thing, and made herself sick.

We had about 44 people there, including all of Ruby's aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents (that live here in Arizona), as well as many of her adorable friends (and parents) from the ward...
Wow! It's still hard for me to fathom that my baby's one!

Here are some highlights from the festivities...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruby's the grooviest little girl in the world! These little slideshows make me miss her like crazy! Grandpa loves you, Ruby!!!

Anonymous said...

Ruby's the grooviest little girl in the world! These little slideshows make me miss her like crazy! Grandpa loves you, Ruby!!!

(I accidentally posted witout getting my identity on it first.)

Brooke said...

Such a fun shindig! Ruby's adoraable, can't wait for those one year old pics!

Amy Eagleston said...

I love that song. Your post made me miss you guys so bad. Looks like the pool party and festivities were really fun. I love one year old parties and watching them eat their own cake. That's the best. Congrats! You look really happy and you deserve it.

diana said...

we had lots of fun, thanks again for inviting us!

Anonymous said...

The pictues and song were so festive, I wish I could have been with you all. Everyone looks so happy. What a fun birthday celebration.