Tuesday, January 16, 2007

whatever you are, be a good one



I wanted to post this quote by Abraham Lincoln on my blog because it’s one that inspires me and motivates me to be a better person…in every capacity, assumed role, and aspect of my life. So I decided to compile a list of all the different roles that encompass who I am. This is what I came up with:

Daughter
Granddaughter
Sister
Niece
Cousin
Friend
Confidant
Teacher
Mentor
Neighbor
Step Daughter
Step Sister
Wife
Homemaker
Daughter-in-law
Sister-in-law
Aunt
Mother
Member of the Church of Jesus Christ
Counselor in the Young Women’s presidency
Visiting Teacher
Missionary


I know there are more...and many others that I have yet to assume.

My sisters gave us a message board for Christmas that has this quote on it (I decided to make it one of my life motto's). I hung the board above the door that goes out to our Garage so that I can see it whenever I leave the house. I hope that by doing so, I will be reminded daily of my goal to be the best I can be in all the roles I am (or will be) entrusted with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The individuals who are privileged to have one or more of these roles impacting their life will tell you how significant that role has become in changing them, and how it has inspired them to impact others. For me, every one of these roles you listed has affected my life in a real positive manner. The ones that have had the biggest effect on me are: Wife, Mother, Homemaker, Friend, Teacher, and Member of the church of Jesus Christ. There is not a day that goes by that these particular roles don’t help shape me into what I can become, and give me the desire to be better. For this reason, I can say that what you are, you have truly become not just “A Good One" but A Great One. I love you.